From: Toshitaka Kumano <kumano@cityfujisawa.ne.jp>
Subject: Lynx is good for Ada tasking ?
Date: 2000/08/26
Date: 2000-08-26T07:18:50+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

We use Ada (GNAT) on VxWorks now, and consider immigrating to Ada on Lynx.

Using Ada is our top interest, whatever RTOS.

First, compatibility in API, between Unix (host) / VxWorks (target) make us nervous,
when we make necessary Ada binding.

We have no experience in Lynx, but we hear somewhat Lynx is almost API compatible
for Unix, so we consider immigrating to Lynx (or emigrating from VxWorks :-)).

 #  of course, memory protection or others, sound good.

Then, we wonder Lynx should be more suitable from the view of Ada tasking behavior
than VxWorks, upon which we have experienced much troubles.

Ada is rather unknown in Japan, and local agents for Lynx/Vxworks don't make much
help to us.

Any suggestions ?

--
Toshitaka