From: eric@sarin.UUCP
Subject: Re: Ada Texts for experienced programmers
Date: Fri, 18-Sep-87 06:56:28 EDT	[thread overview]
Date: Fri Sep 18 06:56:28 1987

There is an additonal text that I have been carrying around like the
bible.

     Software Components with Ada, Structures, Tools and
SubSystems, Grady Booch,Benjamin Cummings Publishing Company,
isbn number is 0-8053-0610-2,

The book is infinitely useful for real heavy duty generics. I don't
agree with some of his philosophy about including only basic parts
in a generic and letting the user build up components. Its like
taking a bunch of 7400's, 7404's, 7474's (ttl chips that is -
gates, inverters, and flip-flops) to do the same thing you can
do in a PAL. But regardless, this is not a book for beginners.