From: "Marin D. Condic" <mcondic-nospam@acm.org>
To: jill <jlgoh43@>
Subject: Re: ADA client/server
Date: 2000/08/19
Date: 2000-08-19T20:09:22+00:00	[thread overview]

jill wrote:

> hi,
> is it possible to build a client/server model in ADA?
> if so, how do i fork a new process (child)?
> need a reply urgently.
> thanks.

This is, of course, operating system dependent. To spawn a new process
will vary somewhat from one OS to another. I believe the GNAT compiler
has some interfaces which make this somewhat platform independent. On my
Ada page at http://www.mcondic.com/ there is an example piece of code
which will do this on WinNT. Also some examples of TCP/IP communication
between processes which may be of use to you.

MDC
Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

    "Take away the punchbowl just when the party gets going"

        --  William McChesney Martin, Former Fed chairman, explaining
            what a sound central bank must always do.