From: dodger@gcr.com (Roger Labbe)
Subject: Re: DOS GNAT 1.83 returns 'unknown file type' on compilation
Date: 2 Nov 1994 16:38:45 -0500
Date: 1994-11-02T16:38:45-05:00	[thread overview]

"Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U" <BennettC@J64.STRATCOM.AF.MIL> writes:

>Forgive me if I am stating the obvious, but since you didn't mention it, are
>you using an extension of "adb" for procedures and bodies, and "ads" for
>specs?

Yes. I get the error even when trying to compile the example files included
in the distribution.

Maybe a better question is: am I using the right compile command?
The readme.dos file says to use

   gcc -c hello.adb

which doesn't work since gcc expects 'gcc filename [options]'.
The commands 'gcc hello.adb' and 'gcc hello.adb -c' are causing the error.

Given the possibility that I am using the wrong command, I tried the
same thing with the other executables. I get the same 'unknown file type'
error.

Roger