From: Gautier <gautier.demontmollin@maths.unine.ch>
Subject: Re: improved type checking mafr Java popular, why not Ada also?
Date: 2000/08/05
Date: 2000-08-05T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> I thought the Ada programmers will get a kick out of this statment,
> makes one wonder why it worked for Java and not for Ada?

Maybe the statement misses the important aspects, such
as Sun's marketing around the Internet - opposed to
refrigerating DoD policy -, or the C syntax, to preserve
traditions - an important thing: the big rule is not
to escape too far from the 1960s...

You can write anything, with delirating chronology ("new"=cool,
"old"=disliked). Read on ZDnet that C is a successor of Modula !
http://www.zdnet.com/intweek/stories/news/0,4164,2604847,00.html

Here, something appeared yesterday in
news:comp.games.development.design - a thread with
"Java=slow vs C=fast" & Co, BTW:
<< Java is based, in more than one way, on Ada, and thus I guess you
could say that Java is at least in some ways the spiritual
successor to Pascal >> ! Very spiritual...

The better is to enjoy programming and produce (Ada) resources
that could contradict with examples all that blah blah... IMHO.
Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm