From: Gary Scott <Gary.L.Scott@lmtas.lmco.com>
Subject: Re: How to make like Fortran "do i = 1,20,2"
Date: 2000/07/29
Date: 2000-07-29T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I performed a survey of some of my old code and my highest average usage
of DO-STEP was 1.6 percent in an application that required remapping
to/from internal representation to/from an external 8, 11, 16, 24, and
32-bit integer and floating point representation, some values of which
had to be split in odd places across 16-bit words (i.e. an 11 bit value
with 3 bits in one 16-bit word with the remaining bits in the next
16-bit word).  Not saying that I could not have designed the process
better, but what I designed was quite easy and straightforward and thus
not very error prone (IMO).