From: Bill Greene <wrg@netiq.com>
Subject: Re: Ada 95 S/W Eng
Date: 2000/07/18
Date: 2000-07-18T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Ray Blaak wrote:

> Stephen Leake <stephen.a.leake.1@gsfc.nasa.gov> writes:
> > "fmclifton" <fmclifton@mindspring.com> writes:
> > > Anyone interested should forward a "Word" formatted copy of their resume to
> >
> > Hmph. _Real_ Software Engineers don't use "Word". My resume is in
> > LaTeX, or plain text.
>
> Human resource departments usually use business software, not programmer
> software.
>
> LaTeX roolz, but if you want the resources people to be able read your resume,
> the unfortunate fact is that you have to send it in the format they ask for.

If you used a word processor to write your r�sum�, see if you can save a
copy in RTF format for sending to Word users.  RTF is, I believe, a
Microsoft format with which Microsoft seems sufficiently bored that it
has been pretty stable.  I know that, for example,
ClarisWorks/AppleWorks can export and import RTF, and, AFAIK, any
version of Word can import RTF files.
--
William R. Greene                              1100 Perimeter Park Drive
NetIQ, formerly Ganymede Software                              Suite 104