From: Martin Dowie <martin.dowie@baesystems.com>
Subject: Re: Tasking differences
Date: 2000/07/12
Date: 2000-07-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

i should have been clearer - yes the output is non-deterministic, but the
outcome that wasn't 'expected' was that it hangs when attempting a second
'select ... else' - the non-deterministic output was entirely expected!

on removal of timer variables, pragma priorities and most text_io, except from
the 'stop' subprogram that is called by the main program, we still see the same
'hanging'/'non-hanging' differences.

the best guess so far is that there is a bug in the behaviour of 'select ...
else' statements and delays (thanks pete).

--
The views expressed here are personnal and not those of BAE Systems.