From: Wes Groleau <wwgrol@ftw.rsc.raytheon.com>
Subject: Language Lawyer question
Date: 2000/06/02
Date: 2000-06-02T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

One of my coworkers just asked an interesting question:

   Why do we have to write

      Some_Type'Pred (Some_Value)

   when

      Some_Value'Pred

   is more natural/intuitive and
   carries just as much type info?

I pointed out that there is no type info in a literal (like
Orange'Pred) but he said that the type info would be somewhere
else in the statement.  I could not quickly come up with a
counter-example.  Plus, how often would we use a literal as
parameter to 'Pred ?  Might as well just use the literal value
of the Predecessor.

--
Wes Groleau
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~wgroleau