From: "Jerry van Dijk" <jvandyk@attglobal.net>
Subject: Re: More GUI
Date: 2000/05/31
Date: 2000-05-31T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

> > Also stretch things a little farther into the Windows realm and find
> some
> > way of incorporating OCX components into the application, find a way
> to do
> > this (without crashing minutes after the inclusion of an OCX
> component) and
> > you are on your way.  That will do for a start.
>
> This probably won't be done as far as GtkAda is concerned. Our main goal
> is to
> be portable accross plateforms, at least everywhere ACT and ACT-Europe
> have
> ported GNAT. Having too many OS-specific features makes things harder to
> port...

True, but for those people that develop for the Win32 environment only,
there is no reason not to use OCX components. Using David Botton's GNATCOM,
allows you to both use COM, ActiveX, OCX components from Ada, or to even
write
new ones.

And, of course, I should put in the remark that COM technology is not NT
specific per se.

Jerry.