From: "Samuel T. Harris" <samuel_t_harris@Raytheon.com>
Subject: Re: Setting Environment Variables
Date: 2000/05/12
Date: 2000-05-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

David Emery wrote:

> This is specified in POSIX/Ada, since it's really an OS operation.
>
>          dave

So are command-line arguments but they are supported
directly in Ada 95. I find this "its an OS operation"
line of reasoning dubious. Ada.Command_Line specifies
what happens when an implementation has no command-line,
so why not have an Ada.Environment as well?!!!

But since we don't, POSIX is the next best thing.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Principal Engineer
Raytheon, Aerospace Engineering Services