From: "Marin D. Condic" <mcondic-nospam@quadruscorp.com>
Subject: Re: Software Development
Date: 2000/05/05
Date: 2000-05-05T15:29:03+00:00	[thread overview]

Ken Garlington wrote:

> "Wes Groleau" <wwgrol@ftw.rsc.raytheon.com> wrote in message
> >
> > > Absolutely not! For ISO 9000, you have to make web pages (or equivalent)
> > > show the auditor, not books. Otherwise, how can you claim that everyone
> has
> > > access to the current version of the procedures that no one uses?
> >
> > And then you stick the following label on your forehead:
> >
> >    "Everything in this space is for reference only"
>
> On your forehead, on your filing cabinet, on your bookcase, on your lunch
> box...
>
> I _wondered_ if it was the same all over!

From my experience, this sounds familiar. Of course it is not always as
bad as it might seem. The processes are sometimes followed reasonably
well, if not perfectly. Some organizations actually use the processes
they claim. But from what I've seen in a variety of places, the
procedures can be a formality for the auditors to look at and are
abandoned as soon as the auditors are out of sight or there is even the
slightest amount of schedule pressure.

MDC
Marin David Condic - Quadrus Corporation - http://www.quadruscorp.com/
Send Replies To: m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m
Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"I'd trade it all for just a little more"
    --  Charles Montgomery Burns, [4F10]