* Another difference utility
@ 2000-05-03  0:00 DuckE
From: DuckE @ 2000-05-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

  Dear Mr. Westley,

  Although not Ada specific,  you might want to look at the
  comparison utilities on my web page,  these are available for OS/2, NT,
  and DOS.   http://world.std.com/~jdveale

> Unfortunately, it's based on a pretty simple diff tool.  Most of the time
> it's OK, but sometimes I'd really like to know if the only changes to a
> file are reformatting or comment changes.

  These tools perform a true word-by-word comparison where words may be
  separated not only by blanks,  but by common programming language
  delimiters.  As a result it can be insensitive to many formatting
  changes.  It can also be configured to ignore most Ada comments,
  and changes in text flow.

> I've thought of pretty-printing both files, them comparing the results,
> but then it would be difficult to trace back to the changes in the
> original file.

  You might also find the interactive "bounce merge" facility useful.
  This allows you to 'bounce' lines from one file to another and save
  the results.

  Jim Veale

* Re: Another difference utility
@ 2000-05-03  0:00 ` DuckE
From: DuckE @ 2000-05-03  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OOPS!  Blame this copy of a message from another thread on Microsoft.