From: Alfred Hilscher <Alfred.Hilscher@icn.siemens.de>
Subject: deallocation tasks
Date: 2000/05/03
Date: 2000-05-03T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

does anyone have a proposal for the following problem ?

What I want do is this: I have a loop that reads input and processes it.
If the input is something that would require long runtime, I want create
a new task so that it can run in background. But if the task terminates
I think I should free the (heap) memory.

My code would look someting like this:

task type t is ...

type a_t  is access t;

n_t : a_t;

loop
 -- get input

  if  -- input requires less time
  then
    -- consume it
  else -- input requires much time, start background task
    n_t := new a_t(input);  -- memory allocated here should be
deallocated after task termination
  end if;
end loop;

Any suggestions how to 'DEALLOCATE' the memory ? There can be more than
one task at a time. Any other ideas ?