* Conversion from Verdix VADS to Rational APEX
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 Chris Miller
From: Chris Miller @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have been given the task of evaluating a proposal to convert a
large project from a Verdix VADS platform to Rational APEX. The code is
cross compiled from Sun Solaris ==> 68K VME Embedded.

The main issues are what to do about the Vads runtime and exec, and how
long it will all take.

I suspect this is a well worn path (though I could not find it in
deja.com). Can anyone point me to any information on this ?.

Many thanks

Chris Miller
chrismil @ ozemail.com.au

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Conversion from Verdix VADS to Rational APEX
@ 2000-04-27  0:00 ` Joseph P Vlietstra
From: Joseph P Vlietstra @ 2000-04-27  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Chris Miller wrote:

> I have been given the task of evaluating a proposal to convert a
> large project from a Verdix VADS platform to Rational APEX. The code is
> cross compiled from Sun Solaris ==> 68K VME Embedded.
>
> The main issues are what to do about the Vads runtime and exec, and how
> long it will all take.

Rational supplies a VADS compatibility library with Apex.
You'll need to explicity add this library to the import list of your view
since it's not
normally imported when you create the view.  If you have a LOT of VADS
code,
you can customize Apex to automatically import the VADS compatibility
library
during view creation.

BTW: Rational provides fairly good technical support in this area.
Ask your Rational sales rep for help.  There's usually a technical support
person
backing up your sales rep.