From: Gautier <gautier.demontmollin@maths.unine.ch>
To: Reinert.Korsnes@npolar.no
Subject: Re: Linear Algebra package for Ada ?
Date: 2000/04/25
Date: 2000-04-25T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Reinert Korsnes wrote:

> Could anybody recommend me an Ada95 package for linear algebra
> (including manipulation of vectors/matrices ?)

There is a binding Lapack-Ada (Lapada ?); if you are interested
I have here

  - a generic package for band matrices (just extracted from a
    current program, see PS) and some bindings to LU, Cholesky, solvers
    (DGBTRF etc.)

  - a generic package for sparse matrices in CRS format with symmetric
    and asymmetric iterative solvers (stabilized conjuguate gradient) with
    an optional binding to BLAS.

BTW: a true, reference, Lapack in Ada (with generics for hitting
single/double/etc. in one move would be _very_ nice!
A thesis project maybe ?...)

Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/

generic
  type real is digits <>;
  type index is range <>;
  type vector is array(index range <>) of real;
  type matrix is array(index range <>, index range <>) of real;

package BandMatr is

  --------------------------
  -- Define a band matrix --
  --------------------------

   type Band_matrix( max_size,    -- size of actual matrix
                     band,        -- bandwidth
                     multi_band   -- n-uple of bandwidth
                   : index ) is
   record
     val: matrix(1..max_size, 1..multi_band); -- transposed w/r Lapack due to Fortran
     symmetric: boolean;
     size: index:= max_size;
   end record;
(...)