From: John English <je@bton.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: How to terminate the terminal on Gnat under Windows 98 ?
Date: 2000/04/23
Date: 2000-04-28T09:38:46+00:00	[thread overview]

John English wrote:
> This is probably due to my inadvertently leaving in a "with Ada.Text_IO"
> in one of the packages (originally there for debugging purposes). There's
> a new version of JEWL at http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je/jewl/ which
> corrects this (and a couple of minor documentation errors); it has also
> been fixed so that it will compile with Gnat 3.10, since a handful of
> people who were still using this version contacted me about this (although
> by now they've probably all taken my advice and upgraded... ;-)

As various people have pointed out, the above advice is incorrect;
the "-mwindows" switch to gnatlink is what makes the console window
vanish (so compile with "gnatmake foo.adb -largs -mwindows").

 Senior Lecturer           | http://www.it.bton.ac.uk/staff/je
 Dept. of Computing        | ** NON-PROFIT CD FOR CS STUDENTS **
 University of Brighton    |    -- see http://burks.bton.ac.uk