From: wfan1@lindblat.cc.monash.edu.au (William Fang)
Subject: Re: Ada in Australia (was Ada ad in Embedded Systems Programming stinks)
Date: 28 Oct 1994 16:17:37 GMT
Date: 1994-10-28T16:17:37+00:00	[thread overview]

Brendan WALKER (bjw@f111.iassf.easams.com.au) wrote:

[...]

: It is also worth noting that of three Ada projects you mentioned, I know for
: a fact that at least two of these are in SERIOUS trouble, facing serious
: architectual/design problems and the resulting cost and schedule slip (like 3+
: years late!!).

My brother remember a local computer company that made PDP (is that?)
clones getting the contract to supply computers for the Submarines.
He did work experience there and remembers tha machines ranged from
full-tower boxes to machines bigger than large filing cabinets, that he
had to climb on top of to get access to some components.

This was about 10 years ago.  I'm not suprised that folks are having
a hard time getting programs to work well on 10 year old computers.
I'd be suprised if compiler vendors supported architectures that old.

- Bill