* pb Gnat 3.12 WinNT with float_io.put and OpenGL
@ 2000-03-07  0:00 Nicolas Brunot
From: Nicolas Brunot @ 2000-03-07  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

With Gnat 3.12 compiler under WinNT 4, we have a problem with
float_io.put for
a floating type digit 15
(problem with ATI graphic card, not with others graphic cards)

the result of float_io.put is correct until the application creates an
OpenGL context.
After that, every call to float_io.put returns absurd results if EXP=0
and FORE/=DEFAULT_FORE
Did somebody already encounter that problem or have an explanation for
the effect
of calling OpenGL (with ATI driver, not others graphic cards) on the
gnat executable ?

Thanks

Nicolas BRUNOT
n.brunot@cadwin.com

* Re: pb Gnat 3.12 WinNT with float_io.put and OpenGL
@ 2000-03-08  0:00 ` John Merryweather Cooper
From: John Merryweather Cooper @ 2000-03-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I suspect that the OpenGL libraries you are using do not segregate the MMX
and Floating Pointing Processor states.  When OpenGL uses MMX as part of its
acceleration, it is corrupting the Floating Point state.  YMMV.

jmc

@ 2000-03-14  0:00   ` Nick Roberts
From: Nick Roberts @ 2000-03-14  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah, but never mind the bugs, look just how FAST it goes!

:-)

--
Nick Roberts
http://www.adapower.com/lab/adaos