From: Gautier <gautier.demontmollin@maths.unine.ch>
Subject: Re: Export instances of procedures
Date: 2000/04/20
Date: 2000-04-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry:

> You are right but my point was that this was not possible with the *supplied
> code*
> sample. But as you point it is always possible to have this working but here
> the Program_DMA generic unit must be moved to the spec (or another spec
> package). But here you have a side effect. The generic unit is now visible
> users ! Maybe there is a nice way to handle that with some child
> libraries...

You guessed well that the generic "Program_DMA" is rather of internal use!
Anyway in this context putting it into the spec. is not too dramatic : the full
DMA package (spec. & body) has now found its place inside another one.
The simple solution of putting the generic in the spec. had just not hit me...
Thank you (J.-P.) for the idea and debate!
The case appears in other pieces of code :-)

Gautier  --  http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/