From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: HELP: Interfaces.C...
Date: 2000/04/11
Date: 2000-04-11T20:23:18+00:00	[thread overview]

"Jack W. Sharer" wrote:
> While this code works, the form of the first and second
> arguments appear to go against the spirit of the
> Interfaces.C... packages.

I think your first solution is fine.  Using 'Access to pass
array parameters should be a last resort.  It is used by
some automatic binding generators, because they don't know
whether a given pointer argument in C is really an IN, IN OUT, or
OUT parameter.  Since you are creating this binding by hand,
use all the information you can to minimize the use of access
types.

> Could you help me get into the Interfaces.C... spirit?

Stick with your first solution.  It was in the "Ada" spirit,
which is more important, IMHO.  Furthermore, it works!

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)