* Problems with Ada Get
@ 2000-04-11  0:00 dis90257
From: dis90257 @ 2000-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please can someone help me?

I am building an ADA application for my University project.

It uses the Ada.Text_IO.Get command to ask the user to enter a natural
number, however if the user simple pushes enter a few times the screen
is pushed upwards and the display is all ruined.  Is there anyway to
restrict the number of numbers the user is able to type in and is it
possible to trap them from pressing enter and moving the display out of
line?

Another problem I need help with is that I'm using the
Ada.Text_IO.Get_Immediate command to function a "Press a key to
continue" part of the program.  The idea is that the user is prompted to
push any key and the Get-Immediate command chucks away the results,
however when I use an Ada.Text_IO.Get command after the Get_Immediate
command, whatever key the user pressed beforehand immediately appears as
something they have typed in the Ada.Text_IO.Get command.  Is there
anyway of stopping the Get command using the previous Get_Immediate's
command's input?

Any help is greatly appreciated...

Rob Ayres

(dis90257@port.ac.uk)

* Re: Problems with Ada Get
@ 2000-04-11  0:00 ` Stanley R. Allen
From: Stanley R. Allen @ 2000-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

dis90257 wrote:

> Please can someone help me?

[slice]

> Any help is greatly appreciated...
>
> Rob Ayres
>
> (dis90257@port.ac.uk)

It should be noted that Rob is NOT the same person that posted
a troll here last month (Mar 21) bashing Ada (recall that the
subject line was "Where is the elusive jump command?").
That troll was by dis90072 (similar to Mr. Ayres' id because
apparently the University of Portsmouth uses a standard
scheme for assigning user ids to students).  I bring this
up so that no one will attack Rob for the crimes of another
(as I was about to do before I looked up original troll on
deja.com).

--
Stanley Allen
mailto:Stanley_R_Allen-NR@raytheon.com

* Problems with Ada Get
@ 2000-04-11  0:00 dis90257
From: dis90257 @ 2000-04-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

@ 2000-04-12  0:00   ` Ted Dennison
From: Ted Dennison @ 2000-04-12  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <38F35476.95AAB83E@raytheon.com>,
  "Stanley R. Allen" <Stanley_R_Allen-NR@raytheon.com> wrote:
> dis90257 wrote:
>
> It should be noted that Rob is NOT the same person that posted
> a troll here last month (Mar 21) bashing Ada (recall that the
> subject line was "Where is the elusive jump command?").

I don't think that was a purposeful troll anyway. It was just a post by
a student who had yet to learn any better. It took about a semester for
me to get used to living w/o goto's too. I just didn't discover usenet
in that semester. :-)

--
T.E.D.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/