From: "Marin D. Condic" <mcondic-nospam@quadruscorp.com>
Subject: Re: Ada Query...
Date: 2000/03/26
Date: 2000-03-26T14:33:32+00:00	[thread overview]

Matt wrote:

> Yo.
> Having a bit of trouble with Ada95 at the moment.
> What i want to know is- can you write a function that returns no result, or
> is there another way to do it?

I'll bet good money that you are a C/C++ programmer, right? In Ada, a
"function that returns no result" is called a "procedure".

procedure Call_Me (X : in out Integer; Y : out Float; Z : in String) ;

Call_Me (A, B, "Sample String") ;

If you want some short examples of beginner level programs in Ada, you
might take a look at the Ada Programming page on my web site (see
below). I have a whole slew of little "hello world" sorts of programs
that illustrate different Ada features which I used in conjunction with
teaching and in-house class. (Some are kind of specific to jet engine
software :-) Look at the Gnat_Examples.chop link.

As you gain some experience with Ada, you will find plenty of examples
of more advanced techniques on the Adapower page (see my links page).
You will also find some examples of some domain-specific code on my Ada
page as well. (Statistics, client/server, sockets, etc.)

MDC
Marin David Condic   - Quadrus Corporation -   1.800.555.3393
1015-116 Atlantic Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
http://www.quadruscorp.com/
m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m

***PLEASE REMOVE THE "-NOSPAM" PART OF MY RETURN ADDRESS***

Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"Because that's where they keep the money."
    --  Willie Sutton when asked why he robbed banks.