* Enumeration
@ 2000-03-16  0:00 Karlene Johnson
From: Karlene Johnson @ 2000-03-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I am trying to define an enumeration package i made up, but it doesnt
seem to be working.  I know the quesion sounds pretty general but anyone
who knows anything about enumaration package please reply, with whatever
information you have.

Thanks

* Re: Enumeration
@ 2000-03-16  0:00 ` Marin D. Condic
From: Marin D. Condic @ 2000-03-16  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Karlene Johnson wrote:

> I am trying to define an enumeration package i made up, but it doesnt
> seem to be working.  I know the quesion sounds pretty general but anyone
> who knows anything about enumaration package please reply, with whatever
> information you have.

We can start with: What exactly do you mean by 'enumeration package'?

You define an enumeration type as a series of identifiers:

type My_Enumeration_Type is (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green) ;

To put it in a package is near trivial:

package My_Package is
    type My_Enumeration_Type is (Red, Yellow, Blue, Green) ;
end My_Package ;

Now there are a whole range of operations one can do with enumerated
types and you can define subprograms to work on them as well. You can
make generic packages that have enumeration types as parameters and lots
more fun stuff. Do you suppose you can send a chopped down example of
what you are trying to do and explain what is not working? I'm sure we
can be more helpful with that in hand than with the rather general
question you first posted. Thanks.

MDC
Marin David Condic   - Quadrus Corporation -   1.800.555.3393
1015-116 Atlantic Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
http://www.quadruscorp.com/
m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m

***PLEASE REMOVE THE "-NOSPAM" PART OF MY RETURN ADDRESS***

Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"Because that's where they keep the money."
    --  Willie Sutton when asked why he robbed banks.