* gtk ada and double buffering
@ 2000-03-11  0:00 Zeck
From: Zeck @ 2000-03-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

hello,

Under win98 with gnat3.12 and gtk ada 1.3.4

I ask to do a graphical double buffer in ada
cause the example in the windows gui is to hard for me ;)

C:\GNAT\Bindings\Win32Ada\samples\gdi
somebody reply me that the gtk ada is the best way to do it
but he has,'t told me where i could find this example!
he has only let me this extract from a read me:
<<
This demo shows how you can use GtkAda to create flicker-free
animations, thanks to double-buffering.

A new widget is supplied that provides transparent double-buffering,
which you can easily reuse in your own application.

Please read the output of all the demos for more information.

who knows it?please.
Cause i'm still reading all the read me in my gtk directories and i find
nothing.

@+

* Re: gtk ada and double buffering
@ 2000-03-11  0:00   ` Zeck
From: Zeck @ 2000-03-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

raaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
The examples come from the general gtk+ url the C's one!
like those one for the socket:
> There exists package gtk-socket. How is it used? Instruction for using
could not
> been found on either GtkAda User's Guide or GtkAda Reference Manual.

In this case you can go to the Gtk+ C documentation (there's a link on
gtkada.eu.org), and then select GtkSocket, which brings you to
http://developer.gnome.org/doc/API/gtk/gtksocket.html

Arno

arggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

thks the clue was true.
I've just forgot we all using portable librairie....

bye :)

* Re: gtk ada and double buffering
@ 2000-03-11  0:00 ` Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2000-03-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zeck

Zeck wrote:

> somebody reply me that the gtk ada is the best way to do it
> but he has,'t told me where i could find this example!

http://gtkada.eu.org/ -- it's in the distribution you download from there.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

* Re: gtk ada and double buffering
@ 2000-03-11  0:00     ` Bobby D. Bryant
From: Bobby D. Bryant @ 2000-03-11  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Zeck

Zeck wrote:

> The examples come from the general gtk+ url the C's one!

Actually, if you install the Unix version of GtkAda you get Ada-based
examples in /usr/doc/GtkAda/examples/doublebuffer.  I would assume the
Windows version provides the same example, if you can figure out where it
put the GtkAda documentation tree.

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas