From: Rush Kester <Rush.Kester@jhuapl.edu>
Subject: Re: Do you do ASIS?
Date: 2000/03/09
Date: 2000-03-09T14:08:33+00:00	[thread overview]

I think another untapped market for ASIS is Independent Verification &
Validation (IV&V).  I'm working on an IV&V task and plan to use ASIS to
help develop special tools for the  static analysis of the source code.
Once I get over the significant learning curve, I hope to be able to build
tool that will permit  me to do "What if?" and "What about?" type questions
that arise periodically in this type of work.

There are some general purpose tools used in IV:&V work, which for example,
generate cross-references or allow interactive code navigation, but they
require a significant time or manual analysis.  With ASIS, once an analysis
tool is built, the same analysis can be performed for each new release or
on new projects with much less effort than is currently required.

Rush Kester
Software Systems Engineer
AdaSoft at Johns Hopkins Applied Physics Lab.
email:  rush.kester@jhuapl.edu
phone: (240) 228-3030 (live M-F 9:30am-4:30pm, voicemail anytime)
fax:      (240) 228-6779
http://hometown.aol.com/rwkester/myhomepage/index.html