From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Britannica on Ada
Date: 2000/03/07
Date: 2000-03-07T20:48:28+00:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison wrote:

> In article <8a1afv$e5c$1@nnrp1.deja.com>,
>   jehamby@lightside.com wrote:
>
> > BTW, whatis.com has a much more flattering definition of Ada (complete
> > with several different descriptions from different sources, including
> > the Hacker's Dictionary, along with the comment that many "hackers"
> > don't agree with that definition), here:
>
> Interesting that the two vendors mentioned are two of the smaller ones.

[Green Hills and OCSystems are the two mentioned.]

Actually, Green Hills is one of the bigger Ada vendors.  In terms
of Ada 95 sales, I suspect they are second only to Rational.  Of course,
it is a little hard to compare "sales" figures when comparing with GNAT ;-).

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)