* Pascal to Ada conversion?
@ 2000-03-06  0:00 Steven Hovater
From: Steven Hovater @ 2000-03-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

OK, ok, I know. It's almost always bad practice to convert from one
language/implementation to another, but I need to know what the
current "state-of-the-art" is in pascal-to-ada conversion.

RR Software has a "Pastran" product. That's the only converter I found
in a quick web search. Anybody have experience with this? (Or others?)

Thanks -
Steve

Steven Hovater
svh@rational.com
Software Engineering Consultant
Phone/fax:781-676-2565/2500
Rational Software
Pager: 888-906-2209
83 Hartwell Ave, Lexington, MA
Amateur radio: AA1YH

* Re: Pascal to Ada conversion?
@ 2000-03-06  0:00 ` Joe Wisniewski
From: Joe Wisniewski @ 2000-03-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <tvEw4.6693$F06.161314@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net>,
  "Steven Hovater" <nh-ho@mediaone.net> wrote:
> OK, ok, I know. It's almost always bad practice to convert from one
> language/implementation to another, but I need to know what the
> current "state-of-the-art" is in pascal-to-ada conversion.
>
> RR Software has a "Pastran" product. That's the only converter I found
> in a quick web search. Anybody have experience with this? (Or others?)
>
> Thanks -
> Steve
>
> --
> --
> Steven Hovater

  Just an FYI ...

  Not quite the answer you were looking for, but ...
  a few years back, but Honeywell in Phoenix, for the
  777 project, did this kind of conversion for one of the
  avionics cabinet subsystems. Someone back in Phoenix working
  on 777 support might remember the details.

  Joe
> svh@rational.com
> Software Engineering Consultant
> Phone/fax:781-676-2565/2500
> Rational Software
> Pager: 888-906-2209
> 83 Hartwell Ave, Lexington, MA
> Amateur radio: AA1YH

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: Pascal to Ada conversion?
@ 2000-03-06  0:00 ` Ira D. Baxter
From: Ira D. Baxter @ 2000-03-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

State of the art tools for effecting arbitrary program transformations,
including porting between languages, can be found at
http://www.semdesigns.com/Products/DMS/DMSToolkit.html.

--
Ira Baxter, Ph.D., CTO  idbaxter@semdesigns.com 512-250-1018x140
Semantic Designs, Inc., www.semdesigns.com FAX 512-250-1191

Steven Hovater <nh-ho@mediaone.net> wrote in message
> OK, ok, I know. It's almost always bad practice to convert from one
> language/implementation to another, but I need to know what the
> current "state-of-the-art" is in pascal-to-ada conversion.
>
> RR Software has a "Pastran" product. That's the only converter I found
> in a quick web search. Anybody have experience with this? (Or others?)
>
> Thanks -
> Steve
>
> --
> --
> Steven Hovater
> svh@rational.com
> Software Engineering Consultant
> Phone/fax:781-676-2565/2500
> Rational Software
> Pager: 888-906-2209
> 83 Hartwell Ave, Lexington, MA
> Amateur radio: AA1YH

* Re: Pascal to Ada conversion?
@ 2000-03-06  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-03-06  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

You can download p2ada, enhanced towards Borlandesque Pascals
@ http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm
(direct: http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/logiciel/newp2ada.zip)

HTH
G.