From: Al Johnston <sofeise@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: GUI builder for Ada
Date: 2000/03/03
Date: 2000-03-03T16:24:34+00:00	[thread overview]

Teleuse is still around.  It is a c language gui builder.  They have an
addon (no cost?)
called Lightning that supposedly lets you use ada.  You get a very small
set of bindings,
not enough to avoid getting/writting a real set of bindings.  We found the
lightning
addon un very unsatisfactory for a variety of reasons, including that it
uses the
teleuse (c) product in a VERY nonstandard way.  We ended up junking
lightning
and writing our ada code to meet the teleuse (c) api.  Worked well.  Only
issue
is, even with paid support for teleuse AND lightning AONIX (the vendor)
pretty much refuses to address any ada questions.  The normal response is
"the only ada support we provide is for programs using the lightning
addon".
At this point AOINX has 2 strikes against them... The 1st is the above
issue, which is being re-visited at the moment. so there is a possibility
they will see the light at some point (assuming they do not read this -g-)

the second was that they will not give you a new license key if you
do not have an active maintince contract.  There view apparently
is that they are selling you the right to use the product so long as
you have an active maint contract.  If your maint contract expires
and you loose the motherboard that the teleuse lic. is tied to then
in there view you have lost the right to use the product that they
sold you.

Shame, because the teleuse c gui-builder is fairly decent.

-al