* Diplaying a floating point or fixed number
@ 2000-02-25  0:00 Roga Danar
From: Roga Danar @ 2000-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

  I am attempting to display a real number in the form: "XXX.XXX"

 When I use float_io or fixed_io I get: "X.XXE+X".

  I am using Verdix Ada83 on a Sun machine.

  Any help would be great.

 Thanks in advance,

Michael

* Re: Diplaying a floating point or fixed number
@ 2000-02-25  0:00 ` Gautier
From: Gautier @ 2000-02-25  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

>  When I use float_io or fixed_io I get: "X.XXE+X".

Use 0 for the "exp" field  Put(x, fore=>3, aft=>3, exp=>0)

--
Gautier

_____\\________________\_______\_________
http://members.xoom.com/gdemont/gsoft.htm

* Re: Diplaying a floating point or fixed number
@ 2000-02-26  0:00 ` Robert Dewar
From: Robert Dewar @ 2000-02-26  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

In article <38B6AA7A.DA0AF812@nojunk.alphasoft-inc.com>,
  nojunk.work@nojunk.work.alphasoft-inc.com wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   I am attempting to display a real number in the form:
"XXX.XXX"

>  When I use float_io or fixed_io I get: "X.XXE+X".

This is one place where the RM is really easy to read. Just
look up the Put procedure in annex A, and you will see that
it has all the flexibility you need.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.