From: "Marin D. Condic" <mcondic-nospam@quadruscorp.com>
Subject: Re: Trouble getting Winsock binding to work.
Date: 2000/02/16
Date: 2000-02-16T20:55:14+00:00	[thread overview]

Pascal Obry wrote:
> Why not use the ready to use Ada Socket packages available for UNIX
> and NT ?
>
> http://perso.wanadoo.fr/pascal.obry/archive/sockets.tar.gz

The current mission is some version of "Here's the C interface - how do
I do the exact same thing only in Ada?" A thick binding might be very
handy at a little later stage in this learning exercise since I plan on
using it in a real project. Just now, I need to understand how it works
at a low level. There's also the issue of Windows sockets not working
exactly 100% identical to Unix sockets and I may need some of the
Windows specific features.

I'm presuming that the link you are pointing me at is a thick binding to
Sockets? You don't happen to have it in .ZIP format? (I don't have the
tar and gz stuff loaded here and would just as soon not bother with it
if I can use PKZIP). Thanks.

MDC
Marin David Condic   - Quadrus Corporation -   1.800.555.3393
1015-116 Atlantic Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
http://www.quadruscorp.com/
m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m

***PLEASE REMOVE THE "-NOSPAM" AND AUNTI.SPAM***
***        PART OF MY RETURN ADDRESS         ***

Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"Because that's where they keep the money."
    --  Willie Sutton when asked why he robbed banks.