From: G <gmw@interact.net.au>
Subject: What is a class in Ada ?
Date: 2000/02/12
Date: 2000-02-12T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

What is a class in Ada ?

Does Ada have a "Class" facility in the same sense that C++ or Java have
such ?

Tagged records appeared to me at first to be pretty close to the class
notion.  There are problems though because there are no member functions

in records - they approximate to C/C++ structs (yes ?).  As I understand
it,
these are Abstract Data Types - and not in themselves dynamic objects.
   In C++, the definition
of a class appears fairly transparent and not much more difficult than
creating
an instance of a record in Ada.  I have not found anything in my html
tutes or paper
books to tell me more about "Objects" in Ada.  Yet.

So - are the packages of Ada the class definitions, maybe  ?

I am still learning, excuse my simplicity.

--
G.