From: "R. Tim Coslet" <coslett@kaisere.com>
Subject: Re: Protected Objects (Geeenhills & VxWorks)
Date: 2000/02/10
Date: 2000-02-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

I have verified the timeline of events using WindView when the program runs
successfully (I can't use WindView when it locks up... all I see then is that
the system is totally idle except for the VxWorks support interrupts and the
WindView support tasks).

The sequence is always:

1)    Main Loop calls Check_For_Timeout.
2)    Main Loop calls some other routines to activate the I/O channels.
3)    Main Loop calls the task entry for the I/O Processing task.
4)    The I/O Processing Task calls Send and is suspended by the barrier.
5)    Main Loop continues.
6)    About 2 ms later the interrupt arrives from the I/O channel.
7)    The Interrupt Task does its processing then calls Signal_Available.
8)    The barrier is removed and Send runs in the context of the Interrupt Task.

9)    The I/O Processing Task resumes and is suspended at its accept statement.

These events happen every 3rd cycle through the Main Loop (as designed).

I had expected (from what the LRM says) that if I prevented step 7 from
happening, then the processing in steps 8 and 9 would follow the call the
Check_For_Timeout in step 1 and Send would run in the context of the Main Loop
task.

                R. Tim Coslet