From: groth@chariot.net.au (Gareth)
Subject: Re: Forget about ada and start learning something like java ,visual basic and c++
Date: 2000/02/07
Date: 2000-02-07T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

>I'd like to encourage the students who are willing to open their minds a
>little to learn Ada because it is a good thing and then contribute to
>making it more successful. Who knows? Maybe some of them will gang up
>and use their brains to develop some of the spiffy tools that will help
>to make it more popular?

The lack of tools can be quite off-putting at times, I must agree.

My major problem with Ada is the lack of tools to create a Win95/98/NT
program with a *native* Win95/98/NT GUI.

I've yet to see a freeware tool that will allow me to create a menu
system for my Ada applications (running on the Windows OS) that
actually looks like an MS Windows system.

- Gareth