From: kahn@kahn.pdial.interpath.net (Larry Kahn)
Subject: Re: Paradise-3.4 ported to GNAT/Ada9X?
Date: 21 Oct 1994 22:04:46 GMT
Date: 1994-10-21T22:04:46+00:00	[thread overview]

In article <TJM.94Oct21163759@hrlib.brooks.af.mil>, tjm@hrlib.brooks.af.mil (SrA Tim Miller) says:

>        Has anyone begun or completed such a project?  Is GNAT complete
>enough to make it feasible?  I've been perusing Paradise-3.4 and if
>noone else is fiddling with it I may give it a shot; I'd like to code
>some network applications using GNAT.
>
>-- Cerebus <tjm@hrlib.brooks.af.mil>
>"In my spare weekly minute and a half, of course."

Well I tried a quick port of parts of AdaMAT to gnat under windows NT and no
such luck.. Too many problems in the current version of 1.83 of gnat..
at least for me... One bug was the compiler going off in never never land ...

Not to shoot down gnat.  it is a great piece of s/w for a free compiler and
I'm sure eventually will get there keep up the good work.. I was able
to compile and run small executables however.
Laurence G. Kahn
Senior Software Engineer
Dynamics Research Corp.