From: "Tony Matthews" <tony.matthews@SpamJam.gecm.com>
Subject: Re: Sequential_IO Data Portability
Date: 2000/02/01
Date: 2000-02-01T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Jean-Pierre Rosen <rosen.adalog@wanadoo.fr> wrote in message
news:87646c$qal$1@wanadoo.fr...
> From: Tony Matthews <tony.matthews@SpamJam.gecm.com>
> > We use Alsys Ada '83 and Oracle's ProAda precompiler tool to extract the
> exercise data  [...]
>
> Just curious: I thought ProAda would work only with VADS (it certainly
> doesn't work with Gnat) ?
>            J-P. Rosen (Rosen.Adalog@wanadoo.fr)
> Visit Adalog's web site at http://pro.wanadoo.fr/adalog

I know it works with VADS on SUNs, but on SCO OpenServer Unix, Oracle
decided
to go for the Alsys Ada compiler (luckily for us!). I have no idea how
Oracle arrived at
their decision, unless, of course, there was no decision to make (ie the
only Ada compiler
available for SCO OpenServer was Alsys).

It would seem that Oracle are dropping (have dropped?) further development
and support
for Ada precompilers, presumably due to lack of interest and take up by the
community at large.

This, of course, presents me with a different, but equally troublesome
problems.

Tony M.