From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Mainframes
Date: 2000/01/28
Date: 2000-01-28T20:41:33+00:00	[thread overview]

"Faez N. Kaiser" wrote:

> mfeldman@seas.gwu.edu wrote:
 > As far as I know, for Ada 95 there are 5 compiler families: GNAT,
> > AdaMagic/ObjectAda

/GreenHills AdaMulti,

> ... Rational, DDC-I, and RR. Unless I've missed
> > something, all others use the front end (at least) from one of these.
>
> I would add the OC Systems/Telesoft compiler to this list of compiler
> families.

And to round things out, I believe that Harris/Concurrent started from
the old Verdix front end to produce their Ada 95 compiler.  So essentially
all of the old Ada 83 front ends live on, though many have moved to
different companies in a kind of musical chairs.
(Irvine compiler is still alive as well, though they haven't validated
a full Ada 95 compiler yet, as far as I know.)

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)