From: Scott Ingram <scott@silver.jhuapl.edu>
Subject: Re: Using an array of variant records
Date: 2000/01/28
Date: 2000-01-28T14:12:35+00:00	[thread overview]

David, C., Hoos, "Sr." wrote:

> > Is there something that I have overlooked?
> Yes.  The expression to the right of the dot is not a selector, but an
> aggregate.
>
> I believe you wanted :
>
>        S1(i) := (caged      => True,
>                  snake_kind => green,
>                  health     => (shed => true,
>                                 active => true));
Duh.  Thought that I had tried that, but since the actual aggregate is
far
more complex than the example above I missed something when trying to
assign it.  Gnat just happened to pick the assignment operator as the
spot
to point out that the expression on the rhs was wrong.  :)
--
Scott Ingram
Sonar Processing and Analysis Laboratory