* Re: Verdix Exception Traceback history
@ 1994-10-20 19:10 Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U
From: Bennett, Chip (KTR) ~U @ 1994-10-20 19:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

> >My company is currently evaluating the Verdix compile
> >on Sun platform.  One problem we have run into is
> >that when an exception is raised the only traceback
> >history that is printed is
> >
> >  Main Program Abandon Exception ________
> >
> >Other compilers I have used provided a text description
> >of all the subprograms and line numbers the exception
> >was propergated thru.
> >
> >How do I get the Verdix compiler to do this?
> >

> >Walt Barnes  Software Engineer

> A SECOND SOLUTION:
>
> The call stack can be viewed using the core dump file. The
> Verdix/Rational Ada debugger version I am using (version 1.1) does not
> work with core dumps (I hear that future versions will/do).  Instead
> the dbx tool can be used to view the Ada call stack. To use dbx with a
> core file follow the steps below.
>
>   1) Attach the exception handler as shown in the example below.
>   2) Change the core file size limit in your .cshrc file.
>
>        limit coredumpsize 10000
>
>   3) Run program and recreate exception.  A core file will be created.
>   4) Run dbx debugger in directory of the core and executable files.
>
>        dbx <executable name>
>
>   5) Type the dbx command RwhereS to see the call stack trace back.

Am I missing something here?  If re-running the program is an option, you
don't need a core dump.  Just run the program under a.db until you get the
exception, and use the "cs" subcommand to print out the call stack.

* Chip Bennett                  | BennettC@j64.stratcom.af.mil  *
* USSTRATCOM/J64213             | Voice (402)294-7360           *
* 901 SAC Blvd, Suite 2B24      | FAX   (402)294-7912           *
* Offutt AFB, NE 68113-6600     |                               *

[parent not found: <388@hathor.css.gov>]
* Verdix Exception Traceback history
@ 1994-10-14 11:52 Walt Barnes