From: "Bobby D. Bryant" <bdbryant@mail.utexas.edu>
Subject: Re: fork; execve --> defunct process.
Date: 2000/01/22
Date: 2000-01-22T20:58:06+00:00	[thread overview]

Robert A Duff wrote:

> You might find it useful to look at the Spawn_Internal procedure in
> GNAT.OS_Lib, and the stuff it calls -- eg the portable_spawn function
> in a-adaint.c.

Ah, just what I needed!  Thanks.

And thanks to the others who responded as well.  Mario's trick helped me
past one hurdle, but I was still getting various problems when I tried
to launch anything with a GUI, so I backed up and tried OS_Lib, and it
has worked on the first try for everything I've tried to launch so far.
(And there are some other goodies in OS_Lib that I need to know about,
too.)

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas