From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Ada and Mainframes
Date: 2000/01/21
Date: 2000-01-22T02:58:51+00:00	[thread overview]

Ted Dennison wrote:

> "David A. Cobb" wrote:
>
> > Then I read a newer edition (ca.1994 I think) and there was no mention
> > at all.  Did IBM cancel it for lack of interest?  Or is it still out
> > there somewhere?
>
> I don't know about the mainframes, but I know IBM sold their workstation
> (AIX) Ada compiler to OC systems several years back. Hmmm....
>
> A quick tour of their website http://www.ocsystems.com/ shows that they have
> a product called "LegacyAda/370" for OS/390. I'd bet that's your compiler.
>
> I had a chance to meet some of the OC Ada guys a few years back, when they
> were doing on-site support for a project I was working on. They were all
> real nice folk. I'm bummed I never really got to use their compiler.

AverStar also has an Ada 83 compiler for the IBM mainframe.  We are considering
porting our Ada 95 compiler to OS/390, so let us know if you might be interested in helping to
underwrite such an effort.

> --
> T.E.D.

-Tucker Taft  stt@averstar.com
AverStar, Inc. (formerly Intermetrics, Inc.
Burlington, MA  01803-3303