* Re: CORBA ORBs
@ 2000-01-20  0:00 ` Jon S Anthony
From: Jon S Anthony @ 2000-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

> communicating through CORBA. The ORB providers that we have looked at
> can support only one of the ORB I/F in a single computer, that is, the
> Ada, Java, and C++ ORB interfaces can not coexist in the same target
> machine. Anyone know any ORBs which can?

Huh?  You mean in the same running image?  Even that is probably not too
hard.  Certainly the following work just fine "coexisting on the same
machine" and inter-operating with programs based on them (I know this
for a fact because we've used them all and all together at various
points):

Ada : ORBExpress
Common Lisp : ORBlink, CL ORB
C++ : Mico and Omni ORB
Java : JDK's ORB, JacORB, VisiBroker

/Jon

--
Jon Anthony
Synquiry Technologies, Ltd. Belmont, MA 02478, 617.484.3383

* CORBA ORBs
@ 2000-01-20  0:00 aschwarz1309
From: aschwarz1309 @ 2000-01-20  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

We have an embedded system and plan on deploying CORBA as the messaging
interface. Our final system will consist of Java, Ada, and C++ code
communicating through CORBA. The ORB providers that we have looked at
can support only one of the ORB I/F in a single computer, that is, the
Ada, Java, and C++ ORB interfaces can not coexist in the same target
machine. Anyone know any ORBs which can?

art

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.