From: "Samuel T. Harris" <samuel_t_harris@Raytheon.com>
To: fdebruin <fdebruin@xs4all.nl>
Subject: Re: Ariane (yet again...)
Date: 2000/01/20
Date: 2000-01-20T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

fdebruin wrote:

> In comp.lang.ada you write:
>
> >You should read the report itself. It is an excellent read on
> >
> Do you happen to know whether (and where) the report is available
> on the net?
>
> F. de Bruin

A GoTo.com search on +ariane +5 +crash +report yields
the following URLs ...

http://www.siam.org/siamnews/general/ariane.htm
http://java.sun.com/people/jag/Ariane5.html

... reading these will correct any errors I may have
introduced in my prior summary.

BTW this is one of my favorite examples of Ada bashers
getting egg on their face! Many were quick to blame
Ada when this was in fact a management problem which
was negligent in their reuse strategy, namely doing
nothing at all to verify the reused components in
a new environment.

--
Samuel T. Harris, Principal Engineer
Raytheon, Aerospace Engineering Services