From: Tucker Taft <stt@averstar.com>
Subject: Re: Byron PDL
Date: 2000/01/10
Date: 2000-01-10T00:00:00+00:00	[thread overview]

Hugues Bonnin wrote:

> I'm interesting in "Byron PDL", because I read some Ada code which was
> written in this format.
> But I don't know if Byron PDL is a normative standard, a proprietary
> standard, or just a concept. Does someone have an anwswer to this ? In
> case of a standard, i'm interesting in references, and in tools to deal
> with that format too.

"Byron" was a product from Intermetrics (now AverStar).  It has
not been sold in over a decade.  Byron PDL used "--|" to indicate
comments relevant to the Byron processor.  It is similar to a number
of Ada-based PDLs, but it is not a "normative" standard.
I might be able to hustle up an old Byron reference manual if
you are interested.  Alternatively, some other old-time user of
Byron might have one available.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)