* Byron PDL
@ 2000-01-08  0:00 Hugues Bonnin
From: Hugues Bonnin @ 2000-01-08  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm interesting in "Byron PDL", because I read some Ada code which was
written in this format.
But I don't know if Byron PDL is a normative standard, a proprietary
standard, or just a concept. Does someone have an anwswer to this ? In
case of a standard, i'm interesting in references, and in tools to deal
with that format too.

Thank you very much.

Hugues.

* Re: Byron PDL
@ 2000-01-10  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 2000-01-10  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hugues Bonnin wrote:

> I'm interesting in "Byron PDL", because I read some Ada code which was
> written in this format.
> But I don't know if Byron PDL is a normative standard, a proprietary
> standard, or just a concept. Does someone have an anwswer to this ? In
> case of a standard, i'm interesting in references, and in tools to deal
> with that format too.

"Byron" was a product from Intermetrics (now AverStar).  It has
not been sold in over a decade.  Byron PDL used "--|" to indicate
comments relevant to the Byron processor.  It is similar to a number
of Ada-based PDLs, but it is not a "normative" standard.
I might be able to hustle up an old Byron reference manual if
you are interested.  Alternatively, some other old-time user of
Byron might have one available.

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)