* Package  ads/adb conformity
@ 2018-01-03 22:23 Mace Ayres
From: Mace Ayres @ 2018-01-03 22:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a package named 'grids.' To my eyes the declaration in the grids.ads for a type a_state (enumeration..)
seems identical with the body's type a_state. But, the compiler complains of not type conformant with declaration in grids.adb in the body grids.adb:

package grids is                                                — grids.ads declaration/specification

type a_state is (Fixed,Variable,Undefined);     -- states a cell can be in

subtype   valid_nu…..

……
end grids:

package body grids is   — grids body

type a_state is (Fixed,Variable,Undefined);

type cell is
      record                                 -- define cell class tyoes
         id:       integer range 1..1000;
         val:      integer range 0..9;
         layer:    integer range 1..10;
         row:      integer range 1..9;
         col:      integer range 1..9;
         cube:     integer range 1..9;
         state:    a_state;
     end record;

…..

* Re: Package  ads/adb conformity
@ 2018-01-03 22:44 ` Anh Vo
From: Anh Vo @ 2018-01-03 22:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Wednesday, January 3, 2018 at 2:23:32 PM UTC-8, Mace Ayres wrote:
> I have a package named 'grids.' To my eyes the declaration in the grids.ads for a type a_state (enumeration..)
> seems identical with the body's type a_state. But, the compiler complains of not type conformant with declaration in grids.adb in the body grids.adb:

It may complain about subprogram profile mismatched/missing. In addition, the type a_state must not repeated. In other word, it must be unique within the package specification and package body.

Anh Vo

* Re: Package  ads/adb conformity
@ 2018-01-04  3:26 ` Mace Ayres
From: Mace Ayres @ 2018-01-04  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

Please disregard. I had a secondary issue causing the problem. It solved now.