From: robert_jm_barron@hotmail.com (Robert Barron)
Subject: PROGRAM_ERROR / Zone corrupted on NEW
Date: 1999/12/29
Date: 1999-12-29T20:07:17+00:00	[thread overview]

Hi,

I've got a problem when allocating a record.
I call a procedure, allocate a record (with NEW), and before exiting
do an UNCHECKED_DEALLOCATION.
The next time I call the procedure, I get a PROGRAM_ERROR exception
(the system message is ZONE CORRUPTED from LIB$GET_VM (this is the VMS
part)

If I don't deallocate, there is no problem, except a random accvio at
some future stage which I haven't found, but blamed on the fact that I
didn't deallocate the record.

However, I got this (consistent) program_error instead.

Does anyone have any Idea?
ADA 3.4-2 (ada 83) on VMS 6.2-h3 (I think 6.2 h something anyway) AXP.
Thanks in advance,
P.S. please answer to the E-mail too, thanx.

``Farming looks easy when your plow is a pencil and you're a thousand miles from a cornfield.'' - Dwight D. Eisenhower
The Barron Family. robert_jm_barron@hotmail.com
 The Voyages of the Voyagers :
 <http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/7284/voyager.htm>