From: "Marin D. Condic" <mcondic-nospam@quadruscorp.com>
Subject: Re: The revolution will not be standartized
Date: 1999/12/21
Date: 1999-12-22T02:01:53+00:00	[thread overview]

Brian Rogoff wrote:
> I suppose if Inferno becomes popular enough we'll see GNAT targetted to
> Dis. Since "Dis" is related to calling something "bogus" in American, the
> latter author has a claim to rightness by this interesting logic ;-)

I had always understood "dis" to be shorthand for "disrespect" - or the
way one pronounces "this" if one is from Chicago. OTOH, "bogus" would be
"phony", "fake" (as in "bogus money") - but maybe in the late 60s it may
have been equivalent to "rotten", "uncool", as in: "like, this scene is
totally bogus, man..." Is there some usage here with which I'm not
familiar? :-)

Maybe I need to go back and reread Dante...... (The things one has to do
to keep up with Ada technology these days is pretty amazing! :-)

MDC
Marin David Condic   - Quadrus Corporation -   1.800.555.3393
1015-116 Atlantic Boulevard, Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
http://www.quadruscorp.com/
m c o n d i c @ q u a d r u s c o r p . c o m

Visit my web site at:  http://www.mcondic.com/

"Capitalism without failure is like religion without sin."
        --  Allan Meltzer, Economist