* [Q] Ada Compiler available for LynxOS
@ 1999-12-17  0:00 Mark T
From: Mark T @ 1999-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Does anyone know of an Ada compiler for LynxOS native PowerPC (not
embedded)?

  LynxOS is NOT Linux.

   thank you,

    Mark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

* Re: [Q] Ada Compiler available for LynxOS
@ 1999-12-17  0:00 ` Tucker Taft
From: Tucker Taft @ 1999-12-17  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark T wrote:

> Does anyone know of an Ada compiler for LynxOS native PowerPC (not
> embedded)?
>
>   LynxOS is NOT Linux.

Take a look at the Ada 95 Conforming Processors List Database search at:

   http://www.adaic.org/cgi-bin/vcl/vcl95.pl

and select search-by-target-description and write "lynxos".
You will get two listings, one from OC Systems (http://www.ocsystems.com)
and one from Rational (http://www.rational.com).  There might
be others as well out there, but they haven't validated yet.

There is also a list of Ada 83 offerings at:

   http://www.adaic.org/compilers/ada83.html

--
-Tucker Taft   stt@averstar.com   http://www.averstar.com/~stt/
Technical Director, Distributed IT Solutions  (www.averstar.com/tools)

* Re: [Q] Ada Compiler available for LynxOS
@ 1999-12-18  0:00 ` Corey Ashford
From: Corey Ashford @ 1999-12-18  0:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Mark T wrote:

> Does anyone know of an Ada compiler for LynxOS native PowerPC (not
> embedded)?
>
>   LynxOS is NOT Linux.
>
>    thank you,
>
>     Mark
>
> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Rational Software has a version of its Apex cross compiler for Solaris
targetting LynxOS for the PowerPC.  It's one of our more popular
cross products.

http://www.rational.com

Disclaimer:
I work for them, but don't speak for them.

Corey Ashford
Rational Software Corp.