From: Arne.Gehlhaar@arbi.informatik.uni-oldenburg.de (Arne Gehlhaar)
Subject: How do I read in a character w/out pressing return ?
Date: 19 Nov 90 12:31:41 GMT	[thread overview]

Hello

I have Question concerning the input of characters.  I wrote a little
program, to scan through a sequential file, and want to be able to
go forward and backward.  So I wrote :
		direction : character;

		get(direction);
		case ...

The thing is though, that I have to press return every time I enter
the "command".  Is there any way I can make the program accept just
a 'touch of a button'?  I tried looking at the text_io file, but it
turned out, that the thing is a little more complicated than I expected.

As far as I know, there is no ADA command that allows me to do that.
Is there a way of getting around that ?

Thanks for any replys!

Greetings
Arne